In connection with the coronavirus, we are currently experiencing an extraordinary situation that challenges us all. The measures taken by the governments have intensified in the last weeks and with every day, there is news of the spread and the countermeasures - for each of us this is a challenge unlike anything we have seen before.
Our sympathies go out to the people affected and ill by this unforeseen event, and we appreciate the work of health professionals, local communities and governments around the world who are at the forefront of efforts to contain the coronavirus.
We very much welcome the fact that the government is taking consistent action to contain the spread of the virus on the one hand and to try to keep the economy alive on the other. The corona crisis is leading to massive restrictions in global industry. In this situation, KEBA is characterized by a special cohesion, a high level of mutual support and the consistent implementation of measures - both in the health and operational areas. Under the motto "Turbulent times require a strong partner", we are using all our strength to overcome this situation for and together with our customers, partners and suppliers and our employees.
We would be pleased to provide you with an overview of the activities and measures in our company and hope that this will also further strengthen the trust in KEBA:
- Since mid-January, KEBA has been intensively dealing with the topic of coronavirus. As an immediate reaction to the worsening situation in China, a comprehensive KEBA corona task force was established on January 27, 2020, which continuously monitors the situation regarding the coronavirus and derives measures.
- Ensuring the well-being of our employees, customers and partners has always been our top priority. For this reason we have, for example, divided our operations in Lahnau into two shifts. Care is taken to ensure that these teams do not meet each other, in order to minimize the risk of infection. This enables us to maintain production operations despite the difficult situation.
- The same applies to the office space. In order to maintain the best possible efficiency and to ensure the necessary health protection, many departments have been working from the home office since the week before last. Thus, many departments are working with reduced staffing at the site in order to comply with the necessary distance regulations there as well. Of course, we are still available for our customers and partners as usual.
- It is understood that our employees comply with the prescribed hygiene measures. For example, the canteen regulations at our sites in Lahnau and Unna have been adapted by extending opening hours and now serving lunch as a delivery meal.
- In addition, we have postponed business trips - apart from urgently needed exceptions - and external visitors currently only have access to our buildings with prior permission. Internally, we also take care to ensure that no persons from outside the department enter other departments or the production, unless this is absolutely necessary for operational reasons.
- We have maintained open and transparent communication with our employees from the very beginning: they are constantly informed and actively involved. We are also in close contact and exchange with our customers and partners.
- We also work intensively to continuously assess our business relationships and to develop measures. To this end, a purchasing task force has been set up to continuously monitor and evaluate the situation with regard to procurement and the supply chain.
- We are working hard to maintain our service agreements, service, maintenance and repair. We will inform you immediately of any changes that affect you as a KEBA customer or partner.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust. Of course, your usual contact persons will continue to be available to you. We do our best and are always there for you via web meetings and remote support.
Together we will master the coming weeks.
If you have general questions in connection with the coronavirus and KEBA, please contact our task force team at email@example.com.
We wish you and your families all the best! Stay healthy!
Yours KEBA Industrial Automation Germany GmbH